Bold Reuse respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access, and use either the Bold Reuse Mobile App (the “App”) or our website (the “Website”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about our users through our App or Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use our App or Website.
Information You Provide to Us. When you download, register with, or use our App or Website, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, employer (optional), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
Automatically Collected Information. When you download, access, or use our App or Website, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our App or Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App or Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, the term of your subscription, the number of Bold Reusables that you use and other communication data;
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number; or
- Location Information. Our App may collect real-time information about the location of your device in order to provide our service. However, you can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website;
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App or Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Bold Reuse, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity); and
- Identification Tokens. ID tokens or security tokens are used to prove your identity electronically. The token is used in addition to or in place of a password to prove your identity. We use tokens to avoid fraudulent access to your Bold Reuse account.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App or Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Give you notices about your account/ subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and
- Notify you when our App or Website updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App or Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App or Website according to your individual interests; and
- Recognize you when you use our App or Website.
We use the camera feature on your mobile device so that you can scan the location of the Bold Reuse drop box when returning a Bold reusable.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bold Reuse’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GO Box about our App or Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App or Website; and
- For billing and collection.
We disclose your information to the following third party affiliates:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App or Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App or Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All server access via the App and Website and is done via HTTPS. Your passwords are encrypted with pbkdf2 and sha256. No credit card information is stored on our servers. Instead, we store an identity token provided by our third-party payment provider (Stripe).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App or Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Last modified: August 21, 2022